October 24, 2018
Dear families of the SBCSD,
As we approach cold and flu season we wanted to send out some reminders and helpful tips on preventing the spread of illness and promoting a healthy environment for the kids and staff at school. We would appreciate your assistance in teaching your children good health and hygiene practices to keep them healthy and to protect themselves and others against communicable illnesses.
- Plenty of rest and nutritious foods are needed.
- Keep hydrated by drinking a lot of healthy fluids. (Soda does not count.)
- Do not share drinks or utensils with each other
- When coughing or sneezing cover the nose and mouth by coughing or sneezing into a tissue or elbow.
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap and water or hand sanitizer. Hand washing is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of germs. Wash, wash, wash hands :
- After going to the bathroom
- Before eating or preparing food.
- After coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- After playing with animals.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
Please do NOT send your child to school if he/she has had:
- Fever more than 100 degrees Fahrenheit within the last 24 hours. (must be fever free without medication)
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the last 24 hours.
- Continuous coughing not relieved with cough medicine.
Since students need to be picked up when they become ill at school, we need current phone numbers to reach you. Please inform the school immediately of any change in telephone numbers.
Thank you in advance for working with us to Knoch Out Germs to keep the students and staff healthy and in school.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any concerns or questions regarding your child’s health.
With healthy regards,
Your school nurses
Video to share with your kids: Henry the Hand Champion Handwasher